There’s nothing like some sunshine and fresh air to put you in the best mood ever. Recently, we’ve had some beautiful weather in the Lowcountry and I’ve wanted to be outside every minute of the day. It got me thinking about how many great activities there are in Charleston that allow you to be outside and make memories with friends and family. Here are some of my favorites:
- Pitt Street Pharmacy (you’ll feel like you’ve traveled back in time!)
- Children’s Museum (They have a whole section that allows your child to “grocery shop.” Where was this place when I was a kid?!)
- Riverdogs (Be sure to get your face painted and say hello to the mascot, Charlie)
- Stingrays (Let’s go Rays! *bring your cowbell…or earplugs 🙂 )
- Sea and Sand Festival (Try out some Folly cuisine)
- Movies on Folly Beach during summertime (bring your chair!)
- Waterfront Park (You have to see the Pineapple Fountain – inspiration for our logo!)
- Hampton Park (Discover the most beautiful flowers)
- Sky Zone (Great place for birthday parties)
- Boone Hall Fright Night (The haunted hayride is the best…and scariest!)
- Yorktown (Great place for a field trip. Kids can explore the ship and learn some interesting historical facts along the way. This was one of my favorite places as a kid.)
- Follypalooza (Enjoy everything that Folly has to offer while supporting local cancer patients)
- Flowertown Festival (Discover the most unique vendors and items in Charleston along with some killer food.
- Charles Towne Landing (One of the most beautiful plantations in Charleston)
- Southeastern Wildlife Exposition (Kids will love seeing all of the wildlife, especially the dock dog contest. It’s always a crowd pleaser and luckily the event is right around the corner!)
There are also local farmers markets that have music, fresh produce, and a friendly atmosphere. I love going to the farmers market in Ackermann’s Park, talking to the vendors, discovering local favorites, and seeing kids playing in the big open field.
All of these events and places provide a family friendly atmosphere where families can make lasting memories while taking advantage of all that. Charleston has to offer.